How to Extend a handler ?

But why would you want that? What are you trying to achieve?

1. You could create a own handler and change the "content type handler" in the database (table xf_content_type_field).(don't forget to rebuild the cache)
2. If you want to change some values, you could maybe only "overwrite" the Attachment Model

No, nothing to chat.

PHP:
protected function _canViewAttachment(array $attachment, array $viewingUser)

{

$postModel = $this->_getPostModel();

$post = $postModel->getPostById($attachment['content_id'], array(

'join' => XenForo_Model_Post::FETCH_THREAD | XenForo_Model_Post::FETCH_FORUM | XenForo_Model_Post::FETCH_USER,

'permissionCombinationId' => $viewingUser['permission_combination_id']

));

if (!$post)

{

return false;

}

$permissions = XenForo_Permission::unserializePermissions($post['node_permission_cache']);

$canViewPost = $postModel->canViewPostAndContainer(

$post, $post, $post, $null, $permissions, $viewingUser

);

if (!$canViewPost)

{

return false;

}

return $postModel->canViewAttachmentOnPost(

$post, $post, $post, $null, $permissions, $viewingUser

);

}

I have something in my mind... which ....
I want to add an if to seperate the view to show pic and hide zip files ...

the same thing is in the model !

why ?
PHP:
    /**
    * Determines if the specified attachment can be viewed. Unassociated attachments
    * can be viewed if the temp hash is known.
    * @param array $attachment
    * @param string $tempHash
    * @param array|null $viewingUser Viewing user ref; if null, uses visitor
    * @return boolean
    */
    public function canViewAttachment(array $attachment, $tempHash = '', array $viewingUser = null)
    {
        if (!empty($attachment['temp_hash']) && empty($attachment['content_id']))
        {
            // can view temporary attachments as long as the hash is known
            return ($tempHash === $attachment['temp_hash']);
        }
        else
        {
            $attachmentHandler = $this->getAttachmentHandler($attachment['content_type']);
            return ($attachmentHandler && $attachmentHandler->canViewAttachment($attachment, $viewingUser));
        }
    }

I think
1. You could create a own handler and change the "content type handler" in the database (table xf_content_type_field).(don't forget to rebuild the cache)
is the only way.

But i'm not sure.
That's something i'd also like for my community, but i had no time to check if it's possible (and i hope it's something for 1.1 ^^ )

I think is the only way.

But i'm not sure.
That's something i'd also like for my community, but i had no time to check if it's possible (and i hope it's something for 1.1 ^^ )
after making this code
PHP:
public function canViewAttachment(array $attachment, $tempHash = '', array $viewingUser = null)
{
    $params = parent::canViewAttachment();
    die(print_r($params->$attachment));
    return $params ;
}

this msg came up :
Code:
Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Attachment::canViewAttachment() must be an array, none given, called in C:\xampp\htdocs\xen\library\DroidHost\AttachmentPerUsergroup\Model.php on line 26 and defined

After modification to :
PHP:
{
    $params = parent::canViewAttachment(array( $attachment, $tempHash = '', array ($viewingUser = null)));
    die(print_r($params->$attachment));
    return $params ;
}
it gives me :

Server Error

Undefined index: content_type

You've gone a bit crazy with the arguments passed to the function. You only want to pass the arguments, not the signature of the function:

PHP:
{
    $canView = parent::canViewAttachment($attachment, $tempHash, $viewingUser);

if ($canView)
    {
        // parent said they could view this, can they really?
        $canView = false; // no, haha.
    }

return $canView;
}

Top Bottom