1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to edit a member's "status message"

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Phillip, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Active Member

One of our mods was able to edit their default status message to custom text that they entered. Where is this setting in the user control panel and also on a usergroup basis to turn it on or off?

I'm also curious how to return the "status message" to the default setting. So that at least under search for users this field isn't changeable in the admin control panel.
  2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I believe you edit it from the user's profile page.
  3. Phillip

Phillip Active Member

I would like to prevent all members and mods from customizing their status message. It appears that customizing the status message was stock in the default mod settings. How do I change this?

Thanks for the help.
  4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Never noticed that before.
  5. vVv

vVv Guest

users > (the usergroup needing editing) > usergroup permissions > profile post permissions
    users > (the usergroup needing editing) > usergroup permissions > profile post moderator permissions

Jake Bunce likes this.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

vVv is correct. A user can update their own status (via profile post) if they have permission to view and post profile posts.
    vVv likes this.