How to drive traffic to your site? Get IB mad at you!

MilesDB

Participation here has skyrocketed since IB's announcement. That was one hell of a way to boost XenForo's community. :eek:

The tables of history have turned on us. Instead of the brits planting the seeds of revolution in Americans, it's the reverse.

It is funny, it's like they gave Mike, Kier and Ashley that last little boost of publicity they needed. (xFSEO?) Even if the software is already optimized enough, seems like it'll get this now looooool.

As someone over at vB.com cleverly pointed out, IB is just shooting themselves in the foot. Nobody liked them to begin with, and on top of their dead product, this isn't helping...them :)

Honestly, I hadn't heard of xF before I was browsing vBulletin.org today in preparation of setting up my latest site. A few hours later and I think I'd much rather go with xF.

Honestly, I hadn't heard of xF before I was browsing vBulletin.org today in preparation of setting up my latest site. A few hours later and I think I'd much rather go with xF.

Yes, me too! I have never heard of XF before reading that post on vb.com. I too like what is see, it seems fast.

We've had a situation like this once... one of our members made trouble at another website with thousands of visitors, that website posted a link to ours and I got over 35,000 visitors that day. That's why they say even bad publicity is good publicity.

At another event our site actually made the national news once regarding the use of anabolic steroids, this sounded bad at first but again it proved to be very good for the traffic. I wouldn't worry about IB being a danger too much, we'll all laugh at this one a year from now.

Participation here has skyrocketed since IB's announcement. That was one hell of a way to boost XenForo's community. :eek:
I was just thinking this myself when coming on this morning to see if the sale had begun.... IB just created more focus on xenforo than xenforo themselves could have ever wished for. The majority it seems are so disgruntled and pissed at the way IB have gone about things, they are moving here just on principle. All IB achieved from this is less business for themselves... not the smartest business decisions being made in that place of late.

Top Bottom