1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to drive traffic to your site? Get IB mad at you!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kyrgyz, Oct 5, 2010.

1. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

Participation here has skyrocketed since IB's announcement. That was one hell of a way to boost XenForo's community. :eek:

2. Hannah_M

Hannah_M Active Member

The tables of history have turned on us. Instead of the brits planting the seeds of revolution in Americans, it's the reverse.

3. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Don't ya just love it when something backfires on what I'm now terming the Evil Empire.

kyrgyz, Shelley and Dan like this.
  4. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

The Evil Empire is obviously incapable of learning even on the neuronal level.:rolleyes:

5. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

History will always repeat itself.

6. Hannah_M

Hannah_M Active Member

sadly.

7. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, it's probably not a good idea to file a suit that will be immediately interpreted as, "the competition has a better product and we're pissed."

Jethro, Sherri, Hannah_M and 2 others like this.
  8. Boofhead

Boofhead Member

What's that on the horizon? It looks like a big fat angry face - freely advertising xenForo.

9. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

Clever of you to give them that name.

10. Eric J.

Eric J. Well-Known Member

It is funny, it's like they gave Mike, Kier and Ashley that last little boost of publicity they needed. (xFSEO?) Even if the software is already optimized enough, seems like it'll get this now looooool.

11. moman

moman Active Member

As someone over at vB.com cleverly pointed out, IB is just shooting themselves in the foot. Nobody liked them to begin with, and on top of their dead product, this isn't helping...them :)

anotheralias likes this.
  12. JoshD

JoshD New Member

Honestly, I hadn't heard of xF before I was browsing vBulletin.org today in preparation of setting up my latest site. A few hours later and I think I'd much rather go with xF.

Jamieinnh likes this.
  13. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Yes, me too! I have never heard of XF before reading that post on vb.com. I too like what is see, it seems fast.

14. Sherri

Sherri Active Member

LOL Life is good!

15. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

We've had a situation like this once... one of our members made trouble at another website with thousands of visitors, that website posted a link to ours and I got over 35,000 visitors that day. That's why they say even bad publicity is good publicity.

At another event our site actually made the national news once regarding the use of anabolic steroids, this sounded bad at first but again it proved to be very good for the traffic. I wouldn't worry about IB being a danger too much, we'll all laugh at this one a year from now.

16. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I was just thinking this myself when coming on this morning to see if the sale had begun.... IB just created more focus on xenforo than xenforo themselves could have ever wished for. The majority it seems are so disgruntled and pissed at the way IB have gone about things, they are moving here just on principle. All IB achieved from this is less business for themselves... not the smartest business decisions being made in that place of late.

17. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Well I was going to go with "Bob" but it just wasn't working for me ...

18. Wired

Wired Active Member

Sideshow Bob and Darth Bobo would disagree. (Simpsons and Tripping the Rift references respectively)