1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 how to disable post new thread button?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by peddisetty narayana, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Hi all,
    I want to post new thread button is disable my site due to some technical process. how to disable post new thread in my forum and with out delete my code? how to solve it?
    Screenshot (23).png

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Set the 'Post new thread' permission to Never for the Registered user group.

3. I am using this below code to disable the post new thread button but it is not working ? how to solve it the button only not visible but functionality is working?
    <!-- disabling post_new_thread
    <xen:if is="{$canPostThread}">
    <xen:set var="$newDiscussionButton"><a href="{xen:link 'forums/create-thread', $forum}" class="callToAction"><span>{xen:phrase post_new_thread}</span></a></xen:set>
    <xen:if is="!{$renderedNodes}">
    <xen:topctrl>{xen:raw $newDiscussionButton}</xen:topctrl>
    </xen:if>
    </xen:if>
    end comment-->

4. Brogan

It's not really clear what you're trying to do though.

Do you want to disable the ability to post new threads or just remove the button?

5. Actually i already set the post new thread button in my home menu bar. Screenshot (24).png

but I don't need the post new thread button in forum page Screenshot (25).png .
    so when I use the permission the post new thread button is not working?
    but my aim is post new thread button is only visible in home page. and it is no need in forum page ? how to delete in forum side button is not visible?

6. Brogan

Amaury likes this.