XF 1.5 How to disable Discouraging global or manage rights for this feature

Hello,
is there any possibility for global disabling the discourage feature?
For example a flag in the config.php?

Currently we have set "Blank Page Chance" and so on to zero but a checkbox within the options for "User Discouragement and Discipline" for disabling this feature would be nice.

An other alternative could be to allow only specific groups (within the "User Group Permissions") to use this feature.
Or is there any option for that?

Best regards,
Ben

Neither of those options exist.

If you want to globally disable it, why don't you just remove it from the members it is currently applied to?

Of course I can remove it from the members which are currently discouraged.
But what is with the future? How I prevent dozen of mods that they don't use this feature any more?

One option could be to remove the checkbox within the admin-template, yes.
But this seems not very elegant.

How I prevent dozen of mods that they don't use this feature any more?
Don't allow dozens of moderators access to the ACP. The ACP is for administrators after all, not moderators (whose role is moderating the front end). Just give admin access to a limited number of trusted admins and limit the admins who actually need to manage users in the ACP to those who actually need this facility.

In fact I don't understand why they put this in xenforo anyway. This sound more like an add on to me and shouldn't be core stuff.
It is a childish way for admins to annoy people which isn't very effective these days.

In fact I don't understand why they put this in xenforo anyway. This sound more like an add on to me and shouldn't be core stuff.
It is a childish way for admins to annoy people which isn't very effective these days.

It's very effective. You ban someone and they just create new accounts from different IP addresses and emails. Causing a huge headache. Discouraging them 99% of the time for us causes this to not happen. Both the user and the IP causes them to have to deal with site performance issues until they give up. Most people don't seem to have encountered it or bothered checking with a different IP.

It has been removed in XF2.

WHAT!

Top Bottom