1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How to diagnose and fix "The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later."

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Dominic Fagan, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Dominic Fagan

Dominic Fagan New Member

I transferred my forum over to a new hosting provider, I downloaded a clean version of xenforo (probably a more recent release than what I had on my old server) and uploaded it, modified the config.php file, then I just copied all the database tables from my previous server to the new one. Now when I go on the forum it just says: "The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later." I can't even log in. How do I diagnose what the problem is? The problem may be that the database structure does not match the recent version 1.5.5. How can I fix that?

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Have you tried going to http://yoursite.com/install ? You should be prompted to upgrade the forum and be offered a button to begin (although you may have to login first).