How to delete user to comply with GDPR?

kprojects

I've had a request to delete someone and comply with GDPR. Will deleting/renaming the user comply with this?

Thanks!

Edit: I've already perm deleted all their posts fyi

You don't need to delete content to comply with a GDPR request so you could have kept the posts.

You just need to remove any personal identifiable information - such as a name, email address, etc.
Deleting and renaming the member should suffice in most cases.

If there are posts with their personal data in then ask them to identify them and deal with them as required.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Their only posts were asking for us to delete him, so i figured delete it anyway.

Will deleting the member also remove his email address from the system?

EU and their GDPR laws have become a burden for us who live in the EU. Brogan, what if a user, for example, has a username Stupid, hello or warrior, is it also something that counts as personal information?

EU and their GDPR laws have become a burden for us who live in the EU. Brogan, what if a user, for example, has a username Stupid, hello or warrior, is it also something that counts as personal information?
It could be seen that way if the individual uses the same member name on more than one forum or website. Best to delete and rename as Brogan indicates.

And yes, GDPR is a royal PITA.

Top Bottom