XF 1.2 How to Delete 28,899 Users Awaiting Moderation

brookelyn

I have a two-part question and hopefully there will be a two-part answer. I just imported all of my data from vB 3.8 to XF. I now have 28,899 users awaiting moderation. I suspect 99.9% of these are spammers, but I would love to be able to download the data into a spreadsheet to have a backup of all the email addresses just incase. I think there are probably several hundred email addresses of people who registered and then never confirmed their email. So, is it possible to download the user data from all the users awaiting moderation into a CSV or similar file?

Secondly, is it possible to delete these users via phpMyAdmin or a query? I was able to do that with moderated posts and it worked like a charm. All I've been able to find is adding some code to the template to bulk delete, but at nearly 30k users, that is still going to take quite awhile to process manually.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm guessing those moderated users won't be imported over during import from vB3.8. Your import only includes [valid] members and banned members, of which those banned members are depreciated [on public display].

This is only a guess for now, until a moderator can verify or correct.

There is no option to download the data in .csv format from the ACP.
You would need to do it from phpMyAdmin.

I don't recommend deleting data directly from the database as it can result in orphaned records.
Try using the Batch Update Users function in the ACP.

I don't recommend deleting data directly from the database as it can result in orphaned records.
Try using the Batch Update Users function in the ACP.

How would I use the Batch Update Users function to delete 28,000 users? I tried a few options and always returned a result of "No users matched the specified criteria." even when it should return results. Even if that were to work, my experience thus far when there are thousands of records is that my server times out.

In any case, I just need to get rid of these 28,000 user records. What are the consequences of orphaned records? Given that I had hundreds of thousands of unmoderated posts that I deleted directly from the database table in phpMyAdmin, it's probably safe to say the "orphaned records" ship has already sailed, so to speak.

I tried the instructions in "how to mass delete users awaiting approval" and I return a Error 500: Internal Server Error each time. Even if the number of users deleted at a time were to be reduced, it's not feasible to manually go through all 28k.

So, if there is a way to delete directly from the database, I would really love to know how to do so. I can then rebuild the tables and clean the database and most of my woes from converting from vB to XF will be behind me.

OK, I finally got it to work and you were right about the batch user update. Apparently I wasn't searching in the right way. I had to leave it set to Any usergroup and select the "waiting to be moderated" checkbox. Thank you!!!

OK, I finally got it to work and you were right about the batch user update. Apparently I wasn't searching in the right way. I had to leave it set to Any usergroup and select the "waiting to be moderated" checkbox. Thank you!!!
Good that you found the right way to do this! :) And you're actually helping people with this information. Like me! :) I now have learnt how to prune moderated users on import. :D

Top Bottom