1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to create a URI template

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Dmitriy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

2. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

That's because you made kremen the default style. The URL (with the style value) only changes for non default styles. I think that is what you are asking....

3. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Assuming I understand correctly what you are looking for...

In your admin control panel....

navigate to (make sure you are doing this with the style you want to edit selected):

style properties --> header & navigation --> first tab (settings) --> header logo image path​

in that field enter the following: styles/default/russian/logotransp.gif​

Dmitriy likes this.
  5. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

thanks. but, it will change only a way to a logo. it is editing of a code of a template.

what I want. from a standard template to create a new template. thus, I will have two templates with two different folders on FTP
    ./styles/default/xenforo
    ./styles/default/kremen

then I will edit only ./styles/default/kremen

how to create ./styles/default/kremen?
    manually to duplicate the ./styles/default/xenforo folder and to rename it?

6. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Well this is what I would do...

duplicate the entire /default directory that sits inside of /styles and rename the duplicate to russian and place it in the styles folder so the styles directory now contains

styles/​
    default/​
    russian/​

then in the acp for the russian style I would go to style properties --> general --> path to images:
    and change: styles/default to--> styles/russian​

now you can change any image in the folder without effecting any other styles that use default resources, note that you will still need to change the logo locations to point to the russian style but other than that i think all images will be relative to the set path to images

7. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

it is the most obvious and long a way. because it is necessary to change ways to all files: png, css, js etc