How to check invalid e-mails instantly?

fionix

I have had 20K users online, so I send out MASS PM this rsulted in my SMTP provider to block my account for short time. They told me there were more then 2K bouncing e-mails so I reached the maximum quickly.

I only ticket valid e-mails in the e-mailer of Xenforo, but still it seems 2K of users had invalid e-mails.

So, I could keep sending out e-mails every week, but then my SMTP provider would terminate my account. What are you doing in this case, do you care at all?

I always use https://debounce.io to check my emails and keep my lists valid and up to date, they are the cheapest I found and works perfectly :)

Just to give you an idea, my 13-year-old big board with 100k users had 30k invalid emails, if I would have sent the emails without cleaning the list first I would have been banned/blacklisted

So always very important to keep your email lists clean and up to date (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great, how do you use this site with xenforo, anything build in Xenforo that can check e-mails instantly against this web service or how?

SparkPost users can take advantage of their Recipient Validation service - but a quick look at pricing shows that it is substantially more expensive than DeBounce. I haven't compared the quality of the services to know if it's worth the price.

I do plan on releasing an addon to integrate SparkPost Recipient Validation - but it will be a paid addon and only suitable for SparkPost users.

That's great, how do you use this site with xenforo, anything build in Xenforo that can check e-mails instantly against this web service or how?
Once I have checked my emails and I have the list of invalid emails, I run a SQL query to set those users as invalid and ask them to input a correct email address for them to continue using the forum.

so first you need to extract all e-mails, manual process! then you copy / paste it into DeBounce and then you run the check, after that you copy / paste your 100K list back to MySql db?

so first you need to extract all e-mails, manual process! then you copy / paste it into DeBounce and then you run the check, after that you copy / paste your 100K list back to MySql db?
Yes its a manual process, but im happy with it right now, working good for me

download.webp

Top Bottom