1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How to change the urls ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by garry420, Nov 13, 2014.

1. garry420

garry420 Active Member

I have two pages thehinduforum.com and thehinduforum.com/forums/ but now i want to make changes i.e. i want to remove "/forums/: and make it /home and let my default page show up as discussion board...can anyone guide me how to do that ?
    if possible i would want to remove homepage..instead add a blog page

thanks and regards
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. garry420

garry420 Active Member

strange ..i used to get answers in few minutes and now it has been whole day haven't recieved any answer..should i raise ticket ?
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No, it hasn't. You created this at 11:21 AM and bumped this at 9:25 PM. It hasn't even been 12 hours.

Anyway, be patient. People will give you an answer when they can.
    garry420 likes this.
  4. garry420

garry420 Active Member

ok waiting...i usually get reply..this is the longest i had to wait...:)
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Please be patient. In the UK where the devs live it's currently 7.15am. They aren't going to answer in the middle of the night. They won't necessarily answer at the time you first posted either, which was 7.20pm UK time. That's outside working hours and they do have lives.

Anyway, you shouldn't bump a thread within the first 24 hours. People who can answer will do when they are able.
    Amaury likes this.
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

You say you want to add a "blog page". You need to be a little more definitive on what you mean. Are you referring to just a page node, or an actual WordPress style blog.

Also, you can change the /forums/ to whatever you want with the route change capability.
    garry420 likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I should point out that XenForo staff are not obligated to answer questions on the forum - it is for community based support.
    Only a ticket will guarantee a response from a member of staff and even then, it is only guaranteed during 9-5 (UK), Monday to Friday.

Having said that, some of us do of course respond to as many posts as we can.

Unfortunately it's not clear what you are trying to do so can you rephrase it?
    garry420 and Amaury like this.
  8. garry420

garry420 Active Member

sorry i didn't knew that..from now on i will keep this in mind...usually i get very less time and whatever i get , i try to get most out of it...thanks
  9. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Thanks bro...
    I mean to say that ...natural url starts with forum i.e. www.site.com and home page comes only when we click on the home button i.e. www.site.com/home ( even if we don't have home page it won't matter) ...and if possible one blog section with url www.site.com/blog
    I hope my ideas are in words now :D
  10. garry420

garry420 Active Member

I was unaware of these things as i don't come often to the forum due to time constraints...i will keep that on mind...thanks for this extra support...
    Now to my question..
    I have site www.site.com which opens at home page and www.site.com/forums/ which opens by clicking on forums...now i want that my default url for forum be "www.site.com" and for home page "www.site.com/home" and even if there is no home page its not a problem..provided i create a blog page with url "www.site.com/blog"..

I hope it is clear ...:)
  11. Brogan

It's really not clear.
    Is the 'home' page part of XenForo or outside the XenForo directory?
    Where is your forum currently installed? In the root or a directory?

Actual links would help.
    garry420 likes this.
  12. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

His forum is here (from his signature):

The home page is XenPorta.

I'm not quite clear what is wanted apart from you want http://www.thehinduforum.com/forums/ to be the page you go to when you visit http://www.thehinduforum.com/

To do this, in Basic Board Information in the ACP, simply remove what is shown in the Index Page Route box:

I don't know what you want to do with XenPorta? Maybe uninstall it if you don't want it?

Regarding blogs, I'm not sure what you are thinking of using for this? If it's something external to XenForo then you can add the URL you want into Home Page URL. Then when anyone clicks on the Home button, they will visit the blog page.
    garry420 likes this.
  13. garry420

garry420 Active Member

thanks bro
    great it worked...but now when i click on home page it gives url as www.thehinduforum.com/portal/ how do i change it to http://www.thehinduforum.com/home/ ?
  14. Brogan

15. garry420

garry420 Active Member

can you give me some video link ?
    I know i am bit noab but can't help it sadly :(
    I also want to create pages link contact us...
    I have suggestion...you create a xenforo software learning course..it would be great help to software users :)
  16. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There is no video. There's an explanation on that page for you to read. It's not hard really. Read and learn. :)

Creating a learning video course takes time. Time is money. Are you willing to pay for it?
    garry420 likes this.
  17. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Sorry for late reply..
    any pictorial directions can also help...

..yaa may be if its reasonable enough ...like 5 - 1o dollars...
    I might be going for press release once these url issue gets sorted out :)
  18. Brogan

The feature itself is fairly straightforward.

Enter the existing route in the top field.
    Enter the new route in the lower field.
    garry420 likes this.
  19. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Thanks brother ...