MG 1.1 How to Change the Default View?

Jim Fox

Is there a way to change the default view of the Media Gallery from the Album list, to a Photo list?

For instance, can I make the Media Index the default view and sorted by Most Likes?

I know members can get to that view by clicking Media Index and then clicking on the Sort to be Likes. But I would like to eliminate those 2 steps.

Thank you,

Jim

That is the default. I think you’ve already changed it from “Media Home” in the options to “Albums”.
I was thinking I had actually, you are correct. But being new, I couldn't find where I had changed that, so I thought maybe I had just been dreaming. :)

Sorry to ask, but where do I change it back then to the default of Media Home?

Thanks!

There isn't.

I think setting the default sort order might be worthwhile for the future, but even so I wouldn't necessarily enforce "Like count" to be the default, personally. I'd be concerned that it might give the impression that the gallery isn't updated very often because for the most part it will appear to be the same X popular media items on the front page all the time.

With it being only a click away to sort them now the media list is the home page that will hopefully help.

I do agree, while I have had members want a default sort of Like, I did also have the thought that at some point it will always being the same photos, so I think you are right, its probably best not to have Like as the default sort.

Thanks again for all the help I am really enjoying Xenforo,
Jim

Top Bottom