1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How to Change Name Field to Username on Regitration Form

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by abiola, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abiola

abiola Member

I was actually trying to make users sign up with username instead of full names and i went to phrases and tried to change it as discussed in the forum but it seems its not working.

I edited the fields by going through ( ACP -> Appearance -> Search Phrases) for "your_name" and "your_name_or_email_address". I changed both to "your_username" and "your_username_or_email_address".

After doing that i saved and i have the new phrases in red but the old phrases i saved on are still there.

Now i still have the "name" and the "your name or email address" still showing when new users are trying to register.

What do i do?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  2. abiola

abiola Member

No one to give me an answer or help out?
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Don't change the phrase title. Change the content.
    abiola and Amaury like this.
  4. abiola

abiola Member

Thanks Mike. I am very grateful. I have worked all day trying to do this and the support could not help me. I was actually changing both title and content.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's not strictly true, is it?

I told you in your ticket yesterday you had to edit the phrase text.
    Amaury and Connor Smith like this.
  6. abiola

abiola Member

Well you did not make it clear enough. I was changing the phrase title and the content and i spent hours just doing this. I expected you to have told me to change only the content and not the phrase. Well its solved anyways. Thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.