How to Backup Outlook

=MGN=RedEagle

Hi guys,

A few months ago I switched to outlook from Thunderbird. The only reason is the Word/Office related functions I needed. A few days ago however, my RAID 0 setup died and I lost the stuff saved on my disk. I have 20+ email accounts all connected to different servers and the setup is pretty crazy, any idea how I can setup Outlook this time to back things up. I basically would love one file with all my settings backed up. That is all I need.

Thunderbird isn't being worked on, but because it's an open project anyone can contribute to it and is more secure since it's constantly updated. And I believe the French defense force uses it. Most IMAP servers allow you to import your email using a few commands. I know Gmail does for the personal side and if you use Google services for your company's email system.

Now that I have tested and worked with Outlook I find Thunderbird is ten times better. I just need the better spell check of Outlook.

Are you guys sure you cannot backup settings and the data for the sites (port numbers etc)? or do I have to type this in on each PC?

I have no idea. But often if two software have import functions, then they should also have export functions. I can pull data from my Thunderbird into my Gmail through IMAP. Not sure if it's the same for Outlook or *gulp* Yahoo!.

Top Bottom