XF 2.2 How to avoid this error? "You have reached the maximum limit for attachment uploads. Please try again later."

rdn

What specific XenForo option or User-Group permission to adjust?
Even a single file upload triggers that error.

Does that person typically upload a relatively large number of attachments for some reason? Perhaps over 100 per day?

Is this specific to attachments on posts - or could it also affect media gallery uploads?

We're not running XF 2.2 yet on ZooChat - but our users will frequently upload well in excess of 100 images in a 24 hour period to the gallery - I'd say it's almost a daily occurrence.

The code should limit all unassociated attachments.

For your use case you can use the config.php switch to increase the limit.

So the mechanism to cause the issue would be to upload media but not save it?

1658439467445.png

... and it only affects not saved media, in normal usage when uploaded media is saved - there's no issue?

And is the limit is per user or global?

Assuming it's only unsaved media that counts, I would think that it's unlikely a user should hit these limits unless they are doing something wrong, they are deliberately being malicious, or there is a server-side issue?

Assuming it's only unsaved media that counts, I would think that it's unlikely a user should hit these limits unless they are doing something wrong, they are deliberately being malicious, or there is a server-side issue?
Or add-on issue as was the case in post #9.

Would there ever be a reliable way to batch delete/purge unassociated attachments? I know that in forums where members are not computer savvy (especially where the members skew older), they may end up attaching the same image two or three times in a post, only using one of them for display in the thread...or having none display, because they have no clue how to add it to a post, no matter how many times it is explained to them.

Are media gallery items considered unassociated attachments? I get this warning when users try to upload over 100 media items immediately to the gallery.

UPDATE: I discovered that videos that are still in the process of rendering are also considered unassociated attachments in the backend. Therefore, if you have a user uploading a lot of videos to your media gallery, this error will trigger.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: rdn
This is super annoying as an admin when I am testing script that deals with uploading attachments. I now have to stop my workflow so I can figure out how to allow my superadmin account to continue to upload unassociated attachments so that I can continue to debug my script.

Top Bottom