XF 1.2 How to avoid double accounts?

mauzao9

Hello.

In our site, sadly some people create multiple accounts to usually create or "add more wood to the flame war" that complicates a lot the moderation because we can only check after the mess is done (because it must be manually done). People also use multi-accounting to get easy likes / trophies, etc... create Spam/PMs/Posts that they know that are not allowed.

How to be alerted or block users from create multiple accounts in the first place?

There existed one addon but it's abandoned sadly. Without it, all this announced moderation improvements are useless comparing to this lacky feature in Xenforo. :(

There is really no way to prevent double accounts, with a mod or not. There are literally thousands of proxies out there that someone can use to register double, triple or more accounts.

That being said, you can put in a request at the Request Section for a new mod if that other mod is not working anymore.

There is really no way to prevent double accounts, with a mod or not. There are literally thousands of proxies out there that someone can use to register double, triple or more accounts.
That being said, you can put in a request at the Request Section for a new mod if that other mod is not working anymore.
The abandoned mod that did this before worked great with us, it didn't catch when they used proxies, but it maintained a log of IPs and alerted as soon the X user logged in more than 1 account with the same IP, at the end we did find them when they felt secure to login with both accounts without use proxies.

I'm troubled because this is happening with several accounts in the same IP, but i can't manually check every user. :(

The abandoned mod that did this before worked great with us, it didn't catch when they used proxies, but it maintained a log of IPs and alerted as soon the X user logged in more than 1 account with the same IP, at the end we did find them when they felt secure to login with both accounts without use proxies.

I'm troubled because this is happening with several accounts in the same IP, but i can't manually check every user. :(

In that scanario you can use a mod that will block multiple registrations from the same ip. I believe that I have seen one at the RM. Have a look there.

Top Bottom