XF 2.1 How to auto convert mov to mp4 when a user upload MOV video file ?

ShinLim

Hi, is there anyway when a user upload a MOV video file in attachment upload, the system will auto convert it to mp4 video file and auto delete MOV file just uploaded ?
If someone could apply ffmpeg to make it happen that would be great, but is this possible ?

Hi, is there anyway when a user upload a MOV video file in attachment upload, the system will auto convert it to mp4 video file and auto delete MOV file just uploaded ?
If someone could apply ffmpeg to make it happen that would be great, but is this possible ?
I know it's available via the Gallery.
Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 5.55.04 AM.png

Also, if you have the user group permissions set, and it enabled in the ACP, you should be able to upload the listed video formats as attachments (they won't get transcoded like in XFMG.

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 5.53.59 AM.png

It apparently does not use ffmpeg to convert those uploaded as attachments.

I know it's available via the Gallery.
View attachment 280076

Also, if you have the user group permissions set, and it enabled in the ACP, you should be able to upload the listed video formats as attachments (they won't get transcoded like in XFMG.

View attachment 280077

It apparently does not use ffmpeg to convert those uploaded as attachments.
Thanks for your reply but I need in posts only, not in XFMG because my site didn't use it, I just need something automatically convert MOV file to MP4 file when user upload, too bad that this function is not available

Thanks for your reply but I need in posts only, not in XFMG because my site didn't use it, I just need something automatically convert MOV file to MP4 file when user upload, too bad that this function is not available
It's not as simple as moving it... but transcoding. And MANY shared hosting providers don't offer access to FFmpeg to do so, since it is rather resource intensive on a server if you have 150-200 sites on there with even 1/3 of them using at various points, and would probably be a quick way to have your service terminated if you uploaded FFmpeg into your site and the hosting settings allowed it to be run.
If you are on a decent VPS or dedicated server, you would not have that issue.
I'm sure you could find an outside developer to create an add-on with that ability.

Top Bottom