XF 1.1 how to allow only registered members to view thread content

erich37

I would like to show a specific Forum-Node and its Threads to guests, but only show thread-content to registered members.
Or alternatively only show the Forum-Nodes to guests, but its Threads and Content to registered members.

How to do this in ACP ?

Appreciate your help!

- I have set permissions for "Unregistered" to "Never". So I guess I do not need to explicitely "Allow" for registered members as this is already set per default, right ?

Thanks!

You shouldn't be using Never, unless in very specific circumstances, of which this isn't one.

For the Unregistered user group set View Thread Content to Allow.
That will enable them to read threads throughout the forum.

For the specific node, Revoke that permission for the Unregistered user group.
Which will prevent them from reading threads in that forum only.

There is no permission for that but you can do it with a link forum.

Revoke view for the forum for the Unregistered group, revoke view for the link forum for the Registered group.

That way each group only sees the forum or the link, not both.

just to double-check if this is correct what I am doing ?

I have a specific Forum which I only want to be visible for "Registered Members" only.

I have set permissions:
- Registered Group: "view thread content": ALLOW
- Unregistered Group: "view thread content": REVOKE

All other permission-settings are set as they are by default.
Many thanks!

If it's thread content you want to control, yes.

With those settings guests will still be able to access the forum and read the thread titles, unless you have revoked access at the node level.

Thanks Brogan,

how do I set it so that the thread-title is not visible.
I have set the same setting at the Node-level, but this makes the whole forum-node invisible.....?

I would like to show the Forum-Node, but not the thread-titles.....

That's not a permission option.

As I explained to you before when you asked that, you can do it with a link node, making it visible to guests but hidden to registered members.

Having said that, you can always try using the View threads by others permission.

I haven't tested that though, but in theory it should work as Guests can't create threads anyway so by revoking that permission they should see the node title only with no content being visible.

Top Bottom