How to add an Image to avatarHolder? Diff for Groups?

UltimaOX

So ive seen a few sites that use custom images for avatarHolder and it looks neat. My current style just have a color section, no image.

But how would you make it so that you cold have a custom avatar image boarder?

And how could you make it diffrent for each group?

An example of it is, Firefall's website, they have custom avatar holders for the various ranks.

This thread shows it, they have custom avatar holders for admins and super mods and mods.

Also, i inspected the css.php for their avatarHolder but its all greek to me. i dont quite understand enough about css to kno what its really saying. i will include the css in the 2nd post of this thread.

I don't have developer tools to try and debug with until I'm back on some form of PC/laptop so it'll have to be in the morning :p

well what it looks like to me is the class' for extra info and user name are being called. maybe if i toss those into the extra.css it will show up? o.o

It's hard to tell what the problem might be without being able to view source. It could be that the extra.css is being overridden or that a property is stopping the data from being displayed etc.

It's hard to tell what the problem might be without being able to view source. It could be that the extra.css is being overridden or that a property is stopping the data from being displayed etc.

ok well for gags i copy pssted the firefall sites code for user name and rank possition into extra.css and it worked and showed up.

BUT on the posts that still showed the old names and ranks, it showed double, in 2 diff places.

SO i think something in the code you had me add is not telling it to show user name and rank and extra info.

What kind of code could be added to show user name and such? any ideas? haha

Im just messin around right now trying to problem solve my way to victory haha.

Trial and Error for the win!

Hey im gonna revert all the changes for now, and wait for you to get back up and be at a computer to help me.

So soon as your up just post here and let me know, ill stay up till your online so i can get this taken care of.

Again i really appreciate it. But yeah if you have a site to test it on, try testing the code and you will see what it does., it makes names and ranks not show and such. if you only do it to 1 group you can really tell the differance.

ill attach the avatarOutline image for you to test it with.

ill be at the comp, just doin other stuff so let me know!

Attachments

1.1 KB · Views: 32

well i messed round and didnt really get anywhere. haha. i found a way to "kinda""make it work if we cant figure out how to really make it work haha. but ide prefer it to really work =P

The problem is that when you position the elements absolutely, it automatically messes up the content under it. I'll continue trying to work with it.

The problem is that when you position the elements absolutely, it automatically messes up the content under it. I'll continue trying to work with it.

hmm, but i thought the other was absolut possition. but maybe not. well if you find someting out let me know. ill look into the code and see what i see.

They're just CSS class names, you can name them however you want.

It's the user group ID which is being used to apply the CSS class.

Just make sure the class names match in both templates.

hey Brogan, we are encountering a little problem. when we use the avataroutline code, it doesnt show the name or rank or online status or anything.

Do you maybe understand why this is?

I really haven't spent any time at all on this, other than the posts on the previous page.

It looks like James is dealing with it anyway.

hmm, but i thought the other was absolut possition. but maybe not. well if you find someting out let me know. ill look into the code and see what i see.
Any chance you can apply the edits on the previous page so that I can play around with it on your site? It's a lot easier than applying it to my own.

You can remove the edits, I'll apply them to my site to see if I can do anything.

alright.

Ive been messin around and nothing ive added to css makes the info come back like its supposed to.

Like the content box doesnt show up if you put in the extra css to show user names. it will show the names but wont show a content box hah.

Top Bottom