• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

How To Add A New Tab In The Navbar

Nice edit thank you..

How can the added navbar links be made to open in a new window instead of navigating away from the page your on...

Reason: I added a link to my shoutcast radio station but I want the listeners to be still able to view while listening...

Regards..

Nice guide Jake.

One small change I would make though would be to add a guest conditional, so the tab doesn't show up if not logged in.
That can be achieved with the following:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
<li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="{xen:link account/upgrades}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase account_upgrades}</a></li>
</xen:if>
How can I set the conditional for a third party add-on tab so that only a specific group is able to see the add-on tab.

How can I show content to a specific user group?
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, x}">
This content will show to members of user group x only
</xen:if>

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181112
Ok I tried finding the place where to add this. Tried navigation template but that has 'extras' tab code which will apply to all the add-ons installed.
Where do I add this then for a specific add-on? For example for the LN-Blog or Xencarta.

The conditional will only work for content in the template.

If the add-on doesn't include template edits to add a new tab then it will need to be done using usergroup permissions, if they have been implemented as part of the add-on.

The conditional will only work for content in the template.

If the add-on doesn't include template edits to add a new tab then it will need to be done using usergroup permissions, if they have been implemented as part of the add-on.
Could not achieve this for the tab but opened the home page of the template and added this in two places to disable the main content and the sidebar. Done! :)

I tried adding
Code:
        <!-- mytab -->
        <li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="www.thederp.net/pages/about-us" class="navLink">About Us</a></li>

to the navigation template but it doesn't work for some reason, I'm using xenforo 1.0.1 with the Flexile theme. Am I doing anything wrong? (n)

Top Bottom