XF 1.5 How the Remove Date of Birth from Registration Page

Carlo

This question might have been asked before but I couldn't find an answer yet. Under User Registration, I have already unchecked "Require Date of Birth and Minimum Age" however during registration, the field still appears. I want to remove it completely, both from normal registration and facebook registration.

Is this possible without using add-ons?

Got it to work! Thanks Brogan.
The sticky thread "How to change almost anything quickly and easily" was very helpful. Thanks Erik for the great video!

Thanks AndyB, I saw that add-on earlier. I needed to have the date of birth removed from FB and Linkedin (added via External Accounts Extended add-on) registration as well. I realized that it would only work for normal registrations as mentioned in the FAQ.

The solution I did was to comment out the entire helper_birthday_row_register. It may not be the most elegant solution but so far its working although I haven't tested it extensively.

Thanks AndyB, I saw that add-on earlier. I needed to have the date of birth removed from FB and Linkedin (added via External Accounts Extended add-on) registration as well. I realized that it would only work for normal registrations as mentioned in the FAQ.

The solution I did was to comment out the entire helper_birthday_row_register. It may not be the most elegant solution but so far its working although I haven't tested it extensively.

A perfect solution, Carlo.

I just updated Remove Date Of Birth v1.2.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/remove-date-of-birth.2849/

Thank you.

A perfect solution, Carlo.

I just updated Remove Date Of Birth v1.2.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/remove-date-of-birth.2849/

Thank you.

I did a minor modification to the template by inserting an if clause:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$dobRequired}">

<dl class="ctrlUnit OptOut">
        <dt>
            {xen:phrase date_of_birth}:
            <xen:if is="{$dobRequired}"><dfn>{xen:phrase required}</dfn></xen:if>
        </dt>
        <dd>
            <xen:include template="helper_birthday_input">
                <xen:map from="$fields" to="$user" />
            </xen:include>
        </dd>
    </dl>

<xen:else />
    <xen:comment>Remove Date Of Birth</xen:comment>
</xen:if>

This allowed the date of birth field to appear/disappear depending on what was selected in the user registration options. Thanks for your input - I don't know how to code or use templates but these addons let me learn my way around!

Top Bottom