Not a bug  how old can you be in XenForo?

It's not unusual to see a site that let's you register with a date as early as 1901. It's definitely not unique to XF.

if it's not a bug....... is there any way to limit the age to 100 ?

what woud you guys do with a user who just registered at your forum with age of 111 ?
I just deleted that user.

Why do you want to limit the age?

What does it matter whether someone puts their age as 111?

Why do you want to limit the age?

What does it matter whether someone puts their age as 111?

Why would somebody register and put his ahe at 111 ?

Either he is 111 years of age. Quite unrealistic.
I would say the user wants to show to everybody else how bad your system is and how it can be cheated.

Well, at least my point of view. Just move to "Off Topic" if you don't agree with my opinion. Just wanted to help.

Why would somebody register and put his ahe at 111 ?

Either he is 111 years of age. Quite unrealistic.
I would say the user wants to show to everybody else how bad your system is and how it can be cheated.

Well, at least my point of view. Just move to "Off Topic" if you don't agree with my opinion. Just wanted to help.

Show how bad the system is? Because they have the option of selecting their DOB? How is the system bad when the user is the one to select the date?

How is it obviously false? No one lives over 100 now?

Maybe a .001% chance that someone over 100 is using his site, seeing as there aren't that many known people to live that long.

While it isn't a bug, and really doesn't need any fixing, the OP's point is that an obvious fake date can be chosen.

Maybe a .001% chance that someone over 100 is using his site, seeing as there aren't that many known people to live that long.

While it isn't a bug, and really doesn't need any fixing, the OP's point is that an obvious fake date can be chosen.

I'd argue this 'til the end. It's not obviously fake, unless the person signing up has some kind of ID with them. Who is to say what anyone's "real" age is. I think the post is pointing out "flaws" that aren't even there.

It's not unusual to see a site that let's you register with a date as early as 1901. It's definitely not unique to XF.

certainly, if you run a forum for an "old aged home" :p

.....or if you have a page like Facebook with 500 million users, you might get 5 users with the real age of 111.

Any forum software allows you to input any date of birth you wish, I could register as an 83 year old on any forum when I am obviously not 83.

Any system that uses a date of birth can be cheated, there is no way around that.

Is your real name erich37?

If not, why are you trying to show how bad the system is and how it can be cheated?

You are right, sorry!

It seems I still have a paranoia, as I had a lot of spam-accounts registered at my forum recently.....

Top Bottom