How much VPS power do I need?

I don't think any of these tech support people can answer what type of PHP, etc. you should use.
Thanks for the quick reply, @craigiri. So I guess you'd be in the "For $60/month I can't really expect that type of information" camp. That seems quite reasonable.
Should I have elevated? For $60/month, can I really expect that type of information?
I've never once elevated, but I've just been getting more and more frustrated. I guess I have to look elsewhere for advice.

For the record, I was having daily outages for a little while, usually lasting about 30 minutes each. It sounds like your saying that for something like that, it's okay to elevate. However, for other things, less so.

The support LW provides is called "fully managed." The choice of PHP handler is a setting in WHM and generally you can trust them to know their way around WHM because WHM and cPanel are explicitly part of their "fully managed" plan. Part of me figures that if there is a setting in WHM to choose the PHP handler then they should be able to know a bit about the different options.

I'm just trying to figure out what the parameters are so that I don't end up being a jerk. What I'm getting so far is that I need to shell out some more money for advice about something like choosing a PHP handler. I hate shelling out money, but fair is fair.

Top Bottom