How many importer options does xF have?

Brandon Sheley

I know vBulletin has several systems they'll support to import into vBulletin, but I'd like to know what options we have with xF?

I saw an option to import vb4 and vb3 into xf, what about phpbb, mybb, smf, ubb..etc...?

This will greatly determine if I switch my site over to xF since I'm constantly importing new forums into mine.

Thanks

Importing is covered here: http://xenforo.com/help/importing/
XenForo has the ability to import data from other forum software, a process also known as converting. With version 1.0.1, XenForo supports vBulletin 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8, and Invision Power Board 3.1.

phpBB is the next importer to be developed.

In addition, this is from the FAQ:

Which importers/converters are available?
As of 27 May 2011, there were the following importers available:
  • There are official vBulletin 3.6 and vBulletin 3.7/3.8 importers built in to the software.
  • There is an official IP.Board 3.1.x importer built in to the software.
  • An unofficial vBulletin 4.0/4.1 importer is available as an add-on.
  • An unofficial PunBB 1.2/1.3 importer is available as an add-on.
  • An unofficial SMF 2 importer is currently being developed.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

A friend on our forum brought up a good point that I could always import whatever script I'd get, into vBulletin 3 or 4, than into xf.. so the system options issue has resolved for me.

I'd still like input on this.
Also is there a video or screenshots of an import, are they all the same like in vbulletin?
Any feedback from those who have ran Paul M's vB > xF importer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Brandon

The import process is just a series of steps, some mandatory, some optional, which you step through.

You configure the DB information and the attachments path.

It's very simple and straightforward, with only duplicate accounts/emails addresses which need anything doing with.

Many people have used Paul M's importer, there's quite a bit of feedback in the add-on thread.

Thanks for the help so far, I just picked up a license to play around with :D
I know I saw a thread about how to import vBulletin blogs to a forum post on xf but I'm having troubles finding it.
Can someone kindly post a link to it :whistle:

Thanks!

*oh nvm, I see it's in the vb4 importer *

off to play :love:

Thanks for the help so far, I just picked up a license to play around with :D
I know I saw a thread about how to import vBulletin blogs to a forum post on xf but I'm having troubles finding it.
Can someone kindly post a link to it :whistle:

Thanks!

*oh nvm, I see it's in the vb4 importer *

off to play :love:
You can also contact Onimua when he is back to have him convert blog posts to his LN Blog add-on.

You can also contact Onimua when he is back to have him convert blog posts to his LN Blog add-on.
I've been thinking about that and I'm just going to setup a subforum for all the past and future "blog" post.
Maybe at some point I'll be able to stlye the layout of those threads but this will work for now.
Not everyone on the site has access to the blogs as is, only contributors and or supporters.
I'm actually importing my post right now, several of us (the members and I) are excited to start checking out the options!

I've been thinking about that and I'm just going to setup a subforum for all the past and future "blog" post.
Maybe at some point I'll be able to stlye the layout of those threads but this will work for now.
Not everyone on the site has access to the blogs as is, only contributors and or supporters.
I'm actually importing my post right now, several of us (the members and I) are excited to start checking out the options!
Just an FYI: The script to convert a forum into blogs is already done and works fine. :) The blogs also have user group options to control who can comment, create options, or even see the blog at all.

Just an FYI: The script to convert a forum into blogs is already done and works fine. :) The blogs also have user group options to control who can comment, create options, or even see the blog at all.
I did see it and it looked nice, but I've been burned before with adding a bunch of content into a 3rd part blog/journal/etc. Than the script not being updated, so I'm a bit cautious this time around.
I think the idea I have will work just fine for the members that want their own space.

One thing I'm missing is an auto backup like Paul M's for vBulletin.
Is there one for xF already that will take a backup once a night?
I know I can do it with a task from the server, but I'm interested if there is a xF addon that will do it as well?

Thanks

Top Bottom