How many bookmarked sites do you have?

a legacy reborn

Well...I have always had this problem...I visit too many sites that I feel have THE BEST CONTENT ANYWHERE and I end up bookmarking them. My bookmark tab takes forever to load now and I have 300+ links in it. With about 15+ new sites daily and I have to delete like 10+ sites...so this is steadily growing. Wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem? lol.

First I started out with creating folders for different topics, then I used several addons like delicious. And now, I just bookmark sites by pressing the star button (firefox). This has gotten me to a chaos with more than 1000+ bookmarks. From time to time I go through them on order to delete the ones I don't really need. I haven't managed to find a good structured bookmark addon which organizes bookmarks well.

I have about 200+ bookmarks, all broken into categories:

Entertainment
Design Resources
Inspiration
Games
Personal
Other

Inspiration has the majority of my bookmarks, as I'll find sites, or something that'll give me an idea for something, and I'll save it with a note until I have a use for the concept.

I stopped counting :D They are well organized and there when I need them. Before mookmarking something I was saving it as html documents or word. Far easier this way. And when the site is dead, I try hitting the web history or google cache.

I have about twenty. Mostly recipes I like to cook, and stuff I want to purchase for my house. If its a really good webstore it might make it to the list. Everything else out there I rely on a google search.

Last time I went thru and reorganized and checked for dead links, about 2600+. I've been collecting for 15 years and my husband adds his to the pot as well. I try to keep them in folders, but he's messy, likes to just add.

Liz

I have about twenty. Mostly recipes I like to cook, and stuff I want to purchase for my house. If its a really good webstore it might make it to the list. Everything else out there I rely on a google search.
My folder for home renovation/buying when we go to built our next house has about 50 links and growing. My cooking folder has close to 30. I can't rely on a google search cause I'd never find what I found once before, even using my web history. That's why bookmarks were invented and to share between computers was why xmarks www.xmarks.com was created.

I don't know how many I have exactly, but they are all categorized by folders. The ones I frequent the most are easily accessible via the bookmarks bar and the ones that I bookmark for whatever reason and probably won't ever go back to are all piled into an "uncategorized" folder.

70 odd, in folders.
Thing is, you'll probably, like me, think you'll remember snippets of good content and then go and delete the bookmark.
Only to flap about trying to find it again once you've forgotten. True?

Thing is, you'll probably, like me, think you'll remember snippets of good content and then go and delete the bookmark.
Only to flap about trying to find it again once you've forgotten. True?
So true...I delete a good bookmark for some nice design inspirations and then 1 hour later I'm like NO!!! Where did I put it! I have a good 600-7+ now :). With about 50 or so on youtube...you would think that with 'watching threads' would mean you would have less bookmarks but I have like 70 bookmarks for this site alone. Probably another section dedicated to wikipedia...then other interesting sites...I just hope I can stop b4 I hit 1000 as I will never be able to find anything...Also does anyone know any add-on for FF4 that allows you to view the bookmarks differently this is getting annoying having to scroll through endless pages(some of the bookmarks are just not going to work in any folder.)

I'm hardcore.

No bookmarks at all. I manually type out every link I ever load.

I even did it for this thread.
There was a poo smiley around here somewhere :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Note to the smiley setup guys...when does anyone evAr use :ROFLAMO: (uppercase).
I don't suppose we could have a :ROFLMAO: added but lowercase?

It's funny that you would ask as I spent many hours this weekend removing dead bookmarks, duplicates that somehow managed to get in, and organized the remaining ones over the weekend. Seems far more efficient now, but I still need to cut some more out, I still have a few thousand of them.

Agh! Someone once, on here I'm sure, wrote a piece of absolute "Gold" on the Premium Ladder/Rank model and how users may "compete" to reach a higher level / power ups and so on.
It went into very fine detail about the human "want" for "oneupmanship" etc.
And guess what? The bookmark ain't around when I need it! :eek:

Top Bottom