how many addons do you have?

I had plenty of addon conflict headaches. Those were solved by removing all addons by certain developers and by replacing those with better code. And by fixing the addons that could be fixed.
I am careful about what addons I run.

If you install anything you like by anyone, then you may quickly run into conflicts and performance issues.
If you install quality code then a mass of addons can run fine.

I have a total of 19, 2 official, 4 are mine (template modifications) and the remain are from known devs. Mostly are simple addon that don't add queries.
Only two are more intensive, one is cron job and the other is only available to members and can be disabled.

The frontend impact is null.

At what point does XF become the add on to your suite of 101 other software packages? :unsure:
I consider 'forum' just a small piece of the puzzle. Not the most important part. I also have a XF site that doesn't even have a forum.
Mind that half of the addons I use are for features that are core in vbulletin/IPS and IMHO should be core in XF. (IMHO half of @Xon 's addons should be core)

I currently have 30 addons installed within XenForo 1.5, but intend to halve this with XenForo 2.1. A handful of these addons have become obsolete from various new features added in XenForo 2.0 and 2.1 releases. For instance, native public navigation and sidebar (widgets) editing in XF2.0 alone will remove the need for five (or so) addons that I use on XF1.5.

One of the potential drawbacks of too many installed addons is having to delay upgrading between major XenForo versions (XF1.5 addons do not work on XF2.0+). Fortunately, I only have the one installed addon that doesn't have a supported 2.0 release for the moment :D. Alpha release... yes, supported... no.

Top Bottom