How long have you been running your community?

ha...that's nothing...I was 14 minutes from being a leap year :eek:

Seems to me that being a March baby has its dangers lol... if you're late at one end of it you risk being an April Fool's baby... if you're early at the other end on a leap year, you risk only having a birthday once every 4 years hahaha!

Seems to me that being a March baby has its dangers lol... if you're late at one end of it you risk being an April Fool's baby... if you're early at the other end on a leap year, you risk only having a birthday once every 4 years hahaha!
Indeed! :D...but I think we have taken your thread off-topic far enough :p

Indeed! :D...but I think we have taken your thread off-topic far enough :p

hahaha, yep very much off topic!!

Back to topic...

So have you ever done anything interesting to mark your community's birthday? The years seem to fly by and it's interesting to look back at all the changes and growth over the years.

So have you ever done anything interesting to mark your community's birthday? The years seem to fly by and it's interesting to look back at all the changes and growth over the years.
I haven't yet, other than a little birthday calendar event...but I've been trying to come up with different things to try out after this year :)

We've never really done much more than post a Happy Birthday thread lol (pretty boring). This year though we've taken inspiration from XenForo and despite most of our staff team's aversion to social networking stuff because of privacy/safety issues, we're launching our own Twitter page and a revamped branding thing to provide a fresh focus at the heart of our organisation.

Must be a UK thing...another board I run has primarily a UK membership base and they are all extremely paranoid about what is available to the public and new members.

Well maybe in general communities here... I don't know. For us, it's more because of the type of community we are (a support group for survivors of all types of abuse) - a lot of our members have very real safety concerns (still in an abusive situation for example), so it's a very valid concern amongst our membership. :)

And actually our membership base is mostly from the US... though we have a lot of members from a range of other countries.

For us, it's more because of the type of community we are (a support group for survivors of all types of abuse) - a lot of our members have very real safety concerns (still in an abusive situation for example), so it's a very valid concern amongst our membership. :)
Yeah, that kind of community definitely warrants the concerns.

And actually our membership base is mostly from the US... though we have a lot of members from a range of other countries.
Well that explains it...it's always those darned Americans raising a fuss about something :rolleyes::D

:) I haven't even got my new site up yet :).

My friend who is doing all the backend stuff just got married 3 days ago, and will be gone till the middle of this month. We're really not expecting to launch till September or August.

Also gives me time to actually design all the pages I need to -.-.

:) I haven't even got my new site up yet :).

My friend who is doing all the backend stuff just got married 3 days ago, and will be gone till the middle of this month. We're really not expecting to launch till September or August.

Also gives me time to actually design all the pages I need to -.-.

Congrats to your friend! :) I wish you lots of success when you launch - August will be here in no time. ;)

My original forum was started in Feb 2007 - i sold that site sometime early last year (for much more than i expected to too). Setup my new forum in December - its ticking over nothing amazing (i dont have the time to dedicate like my old forum)

Top Bottom