1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long do we get the license for?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Tom8001, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Tom8001

Tom8001 New Member

hey i was just wondering do we get the license for ever or only for a certain amount of time?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The license is indefinite.

Annual support and updates must be purchased if you want to download later releases and get ticket support.

3. Tom8001

Tom8001 New Member

so it doesnt last forever?

4. Brogan

Yes it does.
    As I said, it's indefinite.

5. Tom8001

Tom8001 New Member

Sorry, my fault i didnt read it properly its just because im thinking of buying it.

6. Goodfella

Goodfella Active Member

As said above you buy it for 1 year ($140). In that year you get support and updates. After the year is up, you can choose to renew ($40). If you choose not to renew you still have a license but you do not have the full support and updates (you will be stuck with the latest version of when your license expired)

7. Tom8001

Tom8001 New Member

can i still get old addons or is it all?

8. Brogan

Third party add-ons are separate from the license.
    We have nothing to do with them.

Goodfella likes this.
  9. Tom8001

Tom8001 New Member

no i mean like when the support stops can i still get old add-ons on xenforo.com?

10. Brogan

11. Tom8001

Tom8001 New Member

ok cool thanks

12. Goodfella

Goodfella Active Member

Take into consideration when XenForo is updated, usually all the add ons are updated. The good thing you can do is make the initial investment of $140 for the license then save about $3.5 a month to renew it. Yes it costs under 4 dollars a month to renew XF for a year!