How hard is it to transfer a license to someone else?

blank

I know i signed up here in 2010, but i hadnt bought XF yet due to having been a huge IPB fan.
So i don't know too much about how license transfers work. I did a search on the forums and didnt come up with anything.

A guy at DP told me that he'd sell me his license with 4 months of support left, i figure this will be good enough for my to test XF and see how much i like it.

So i told him i'd send him half the money, and the rest after he transfers the license.

he said something about last night that it was saying my email was already taken?
I'm not too sure how the transfers work. But he said he contacted the Staff here last night via support, but no one has replied yet.

I don't know if he's BSing me, or if these really do need to go through support and be manually transferred by staff?

He already offered to refund the money i sent him, but i told him we could wait another night or whatever. Shouldn't be that complicated to transfer the license to me, or is it?

thanks, and sorry if this has been asked many times. I can't ever find anything using forum searches :p

So bascially, are all transfers manually handled by staff?

We transferred one of our licenses to a client of ours. Basically Ashley helped us move things across, and we had to supply him with the contact details of the new owner, and when he received confirmation from the other party, the transfer went through.

We transferred one of our licenses to a client of ours. Basically Ashley helped us move things across, and we had to supply him with the contact details of the new owner, and when he received confirmation from the other party, the transfer went through.

did the process take days? I don't know if i should wait a day or so longer, or just ask the guy for the money back.
I gave him my email, and contact details, and such which im sure he would've provided to xF.

thanks much for your reply :D

For any transfer queries please use Contact Us the form.

It's unsurprising that he didn't receive a reply since last night as the staff work on UK hours.

Yes, all transfers must be done manually by staff.

Be careful with these license transfers, especially if the person has already raised some red flags.

I've heard of horror stories about DP with regards to scam, and troublemakers.
Ahh... Thanks for this.. so basically I (as a buyer) only need to fill the contact form and wait?
or that form only for the seller only?
Both. This works at vBulletin, too.

Top Bottom