How far can you go with themese/skins?

Rukiri

With xen being new how far can you go with theming? I currently have a web layout(well more of base to start with) that I would like to mimic with the xenforo script.

You can view that layout here.
http://i55.tinypic.com/32zteee.png

I guess I can have somethin similar to the official xen boards for the footer(where the dark colorer and the pixel highlighter are) The white block(will use a gradient) can just be a changed width to match the main site. And where the Logo and menu bar are is where the links will go.

Now I can pay anyone willing to do this or any general tips would be nice.
I'm asking because I haven't seen any customized to an extent with xen yet is pretty much why I'm asking.

In short, you can accomplish almost anything with the styling/template system (which is the absolute best). The only restriction will be the person styling, it won't be the system that restricts you.

That's what I'm starting to like about xenforo, and everything is so neatly named! IPB was just a mess, I couldn't find anything><

Yeah I found the backend a bit of a mess and things hard to find in the templates. it 's also worth noting that the xenforo styling system entices people to play around and tinker aswell as learn it's just that easy to get something accomplished where on other software an add-on would be needed. I would say they killed two birds with one stone but they actually killed the whole flock it's just that good it can't be stated enough.

Your actual design in the first post won't be too much trouble to accomplish. Given 5 minutes or so you'll be slicing that image and having that from a source file image integrated into the xenforo system within a day. And updates are painless also.

Top Bottom