XF 1.5 How does xenforo deal with multiple edits at once?

borgqueenx

Im looking to have 1 thread wich can be live editted by multiple users adding information- not removing it.
Is there a way to achieve this in xenforo?

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
One thread. I want multiple users being able to edit the same thread and that both information/edits are saved not overwritten. Specific node is fine as well but thread is preferred.
Well, specific thread editing would require an addon, the only way to do it for a node would be to create a new group giving users the ability to edit others posts for that node, though obviously it comes with the drawbacks of giving them effectively moderator editing ability.

borgqueenx

Well, specific thread editing would require an addon, the only way to do it for a node would be to create a new group giving users the ability to edit others posts for that node, though obviously it comes with the drawbacks of giving them effectively moderator editing ability.
But when 2 persons edit a thread at the same time, wont it get overwritten by who evers clicks the "edit" button last?

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
But when 2 persons edit a thread at the same time, wont it get overwritten by who evers clicks the "edit" button last?
Oh, in the case of multiple users editing a post simultaneously, that's a more complicated matter, can you give an example use case? Either way, having a post under revision by multiple people is going to cause issues.

borgqueenx

Oh, in the case of multiple users editing a post simultaneously, that's a more complicated matter, can you give an example use case? Either way, having a post under revision by multiple people is going to cause issues.
Yes. I want to have a paying method in my guild. Once someone paif their contribution we can edit the topic and put a X behind his name so we know he paid.