how does it miss ?

Luca_

Hello everyone I was wondering how it was possible, that in a structure of worldwide success like xenforo, there is not a basic blog system like xenporta 2 ? It is absurd that it is absent basically. Will it be implemented?

Hello everyone I was wondering how it was possible, that in a structure of worldwide success like xenforo, there is not a basic blog system like xenporta 2 ? It is absurd that it is absent basically. Will it be implemented?

Is that what XenPorta was? I thought it was a portal/home page. All this is possible to build within XF using what's offered/available.

If you're seeking a dedicated blogs feature, IMO, not everyone wants that. If you really must have that, it's available as an add-on from Bob: https://xenaddons.com/store-products/user-blogs-system-DG0XV95UY554A4PQX8/

When I was running vB4 Suite, hardly anyone used the blog feature. Eventually I just disabled it.
In my particular case, I'd use it for myself as I like to write articles on a semi-regular basis. I really miss a proper article function in XF, having only glorified forum posts and hope 2.3 brings one in.

Maybe this could be enough:

When I was running vB4 Suite, hardly anyone used the blog feature. Eventually I just disabled it.
Me too, nobody used it.

Well I used it, but failed to see how a blog type feature is that much different to posting the same content you’d put into a blog, but on a thread.

Now xenForo has article type threads even better.

All I would want to improve it may be to allow previews to show in a search forum widget.

Top Bottom