XF 2.0 How does approval queue work

I have quite a few junk user signups (221) in my queue and i am not sure what the right way to clear it out is.
I see a choice of do nothing, approve or reject with rejection reason. Am i supposed to click on reject 221 times? I saw mentions of people saying to press the 'delete' option but I dont see it. Should there be a delete checkbox showing up that isnt?

1528294788072.webp

yes i think so. I will go through each one but just by looking at the crazy email addresses and the fact many are the same @whatever.com I am pretty sure they are spam. Is there a delete button that isnt showing up? My forum was migrated from a previous phpbb forum so my permissions groups got a little messed up and i am in the middle of sorting out. so i am not sure "reject" is the appropriate action or if there is a delete option thats suppoesd to be there.

@gct13 thanks but that thread is the reason i am here. that javascript bookmarkelet just automates clicking the 'delete' radio box. And i dont see the delete radio option available to me.. so thats where my confusion lies.

There is no delete option in XF2 - rejecting has the same effect as banning, so they can no longer re-register.

Rejection doesent actually have quite the same effect as banning. Most of the emails and ip's etc that are listed as blacklisted in the approval que are actually bots.

They can maybe no longer re-register BUT....when your reject them they are actually registered but their user state is changed to 'Rejected' and 'When in a user state other than 'Valid', users will receive permissions from the Unregistered / Unconfirmed group.'

The problem with this I find is that they simply start spamming the contact us form once rejected. It would be much better if the user group they were put in once rejected was the 'Banned' user group or a user group of your choice, that way it would be impossible for them to spam the contact form.

Top Bottom