How does a fresh install at a new hosting service remember old setup entries?

tomwood

I moved my license (NOT my database) to a new domain that is hosted at a different hosting service than where I started. I wanted a fresh install of the latest version, so there was nothing there except pure virgin Xenforo. (Ahhhhh... feel the innocence!) Yet, when I go into the Admin panel and add categories and forums, it somehow remembers all the old ones and suggests them - from a completely different hosting service and domain name! How does it DO that?

Note - This is not a complaint, it actually helped a bit. But it's weird!

Maybe DNS hasn't propogated for you yet when you changed tge nameservers to the new server. So you may still be viewing the forum on the old server.

Try using a VPN.

Yet, when I go into the Admin panel and add categories and forums, it somehow remembers all the old ones and suggests them
Are you just experiencing browser autofill due to fields you have entered in the past?

It's nothing XF would do.

Are you just experiencing browser autofill due to fields you have entered in the past?

It's nothing XF would do.
Huh, that makes sense now. Weird how Chrome remembered specific entries and where they belonged.
Thanks, sorry for the silly question!

Top Bottom