XF 2.0 How do you remove the, "Click to expand" for quotes so the entire quote shows in a post?

@AndyB, You are the best! How can I make a 2nd separate BBCode one is standard quote which collapses and the 2nd is a quote which doesn't collapses?
You could do something like this:

Edit the template bb_code_tag_quote

Replace this line:

Code:
<blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote">

with:

Code:
<blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote {{ $attributes.expand ? 'bbCodeBlock--expandFull' : '' }}">

add to extra.less:

CSS:
.bbCodeBlock--expandFull .bbCodeBlock-expandContent
{
    max-height: 100%;
}

When you quote, simply add an attribute called expand to the BBCode.
[QUOTE="hibiskus, post: 1347561, member: 192033"] becomes [QUOTE="hibiskus, post: 1347561, member: 192033, expand:full"]

Last edited:
Add this to your extra.less template:

CSS:
.bbCodeBlock--expandable .bbCodeBlock-expandContent {
    max-height: 100%;
}
That no longer works in more recent versions of XF.

Instead, in ACP search for Maximum expandable BB code block height and change the setting to a high number like 9999px.

Last edited:
That no longer works in more recent versions of XF.

Instead, in ACP search for Maximum expandable BB code block height and change the setting to a high number like 9999px.
It's working for me in 2.1. Does it not work in 2.2?

Edit: except that when you preview quotes in a new thread this will only work if you include !important in the CSS

It's working for me in 2.1. Does it not work in 2.2?

Edit: except that when you preview quotes in a new thread this will only work if you include !important in the CSS
It hasn't worked for me since 2.0.10. The method I suggested above does work up to the latest 2.1.x version.

Update: Turns out the code that no longer worked was not the same as @AndyB's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom