XF 2.0 How do you put a background color beneath this text?

Bonsai Coder

I have a custom background image for the background of the entire site, and it appears that XenForo is printing some text directly on the background? (ie not in some holding shape?) How can I place a neutral color under this text?

screenshot-www.bonsainut.com-2018-01-19-16-08-39.webp

I have to agree with Bryan...

Those blocky backgrounds behind certain text looks right out of the 1990s...

I think it would look much more attractive similar to this mockup (I took 5 minutes), if you wanted to keep most of your colors... The brighter colors hurt my eyes though. ;)

bonsai_sample.webp

I have to agree with Bryan...

Those blocky backgrounds behind certain text looks right out of the 1990s...

I think it would look much more attractive similar to this mockup (I took 5 minutes), if you wanted to keep most of your colors... The brighter colors hurt my eyes though. ;)

What a coincidence...

This is what my site looked like as of this morning (from a formatting perspective):

FireShot Screen Capture #020 - 'BonsaiNut 2_0' - www_wifeofnerd_com_forums_index_php.webp

Just trying to get back to where I was with XenForo 1.x....

@Alien And lest you think I am being crazy, here's what the front page of the site now looks like - nice and clean...

screenshot-www.bonsainut.com-2018-01-19-20-23-01.webp

It's only when I get past the forum listing page and into the forums themselves that I start to have problems with the breadcrumbs and thread title formatting frogging everything up.

And lest you think I am being crazy, here's what the front page of the site now looks like - nice and clean...

Just a small suggestion but if you edit that latest posts widget and switch the display style from simple to full, you might prefer how it looks, or you might not but it's worth a look.

Just a small suggestion but if you edit that latest posts widget and switch the display style from simple to full, you might prefer how it looks, or you might not but it's worth a look.

Thank you! Much better. I had to create a new copy of that widget to use the simple version on the forums page, and the full version on the front page - because if you use the full version on the forums page with the default 250px width it's a train wreck.

@Alien

It's only when I get past the forum listing page and into the forums themselves that I start to have problems with the breadcrumbs and thread title formatting frogging everything up.

Coming along nicely...

On the breadcrumbs, how about you remove the overrides in extra.less to: .p-breadcrumbs>li a

And use this instead:

.p-breadcrumbs {
margin: 0;
padding: 4px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
background-color: #ccd693;
border-radius: 3px;
border: 2px solid #BFCF64;
}

You'll be left with:

bonsai2.webp

@Alien do you know how to adjust the gradient in this header-block? I changed the background color in the color options, but for some reason the site is using a different color for the gradient and I can't tell what it might be.

screenshot-www.bonsainut.com-2018-01-20-10-56-52.webp

Top Bottom