XF 2.0 How do you delete and undelete user accounts?

Keep in mind that deleting a user will not delete their posts. So no problem deleting a user with no posts, but those that do have posts you might consider deleting the posts first then the user.

I'm having this at the moment. A member has asked for their account to be closed and all their data removed. For the second time! The first time I resolved an issue for them and they changed their minds. Now they're wanting to close it again without explanation. So I think I'll just accept that. However, as I understand it, if the account is deleted it can't be undeleted again. So what is the option to just close the account and remove the email address without actually deleting the account? Or does removing the email address delete the account anyway?

I don't want to lose the posts so ideally I want to change the username to something like "previous member", and close the account but have it so it can be re-enabled again at some point if they wish. Because I can imagine it could get even more complicated if they rejoined with a different username!

I'm not quite clear how to do this - ie close rather than delete but still remove the email address.

Ok so I've deleted the account and called them Previous member. The thing I noticed though is, on their posts it says Previous member, but underneath it says "Guest"! I don't really want them designated as a guest as they're a previous member! Can I change that?

Ok so I've deleted the account and called them Previous member. The thing I noticed though is, on their posts it says Previous member, but underneath it says "Guest"! I don't really want them designated as a guest as they're a previous member! Can I change that?
You can change the default title for the "Unregistered / Unconfirmed" user group. I don't think there's any other control over that by default.

As the avatar of the deleted member is now not editable next to their old posts, I guess I am now stuck with "previous member" and can't change it. Kind of wishing I'd just left it as deleted user.

Top Bottom