How Do You Copyright A Style?

I loathe this awful practice.
Great products are free without copyright or have a reasonable price and don't have copyrights.
My footer NEVER will have any ugly copyright.

I loathe this awful practice.
Great products are free without copyright or have a reasonable price and don't have copyrights.
My footer NEVER will have any ugly copyright.

It is not an 'awful practice'. It isn't hurting you being there. If you don't like it then pay to remove it.

Duh? I'll never purchase addons with copyrights, so, I will never pay a single dime to remove anything.
My footer is only mine. not yours.
I've purchased the branding removal of Xenforo because in my opinion the licence is cheap and we are talking about the whole software. (a great software). not a simple addon. (most of cases useless addons) you're right, is not "awful practice" is a RIDICULOUS PRACTICE. There are always many ways to remove that clutter.
It's my opinion. if someone don't like it can ignore me. I do the same. bye Jake B.
Unsuscribed.

Duh? I'll never purchase addons with copyrights, so, I will never pay a single dime to remove anything.
You're contradicting yourself with the point you made below.

The product isn't yours though, and if it adds functionality that you need then why not have the link back to help the developer. If you don't like it, pay to have it removed.

I've purchased the branding removal of Xenforo because in my opinion the licence is cheap and we are talking about the whole software. (a great software). not a simple addon. (most of cases useless addons)
If it's useless then you don't need it anyways, so you shouldn't be complaining about add-ons and themes that have branding. Also, XenForo's branding removal license is more expensive than any add-on's branding removal.

you're right, is not "awful practice" is a RIDICULOUS PRACTICE. There are always many ways to remove that clutter.
Definitely not ridiculous either. Yeah, there are three options to remove the 'clutter'
1. Purchase a branding free license
2. Don't use the product (and don't make useless posts on the threads for the product complaining about the branding)
3. Remove it without paying (and of course, enjoy getting your license revoked).

I've purchased the branding removal of Xenforo because in my opinion the licence is cheap and we are talking about the whole software. (a great software). not a simple addon. (most of cases useless addons) you're right, is not "awful practice" is a RIDICULOUS PRACTICE. There are always many ways to remove that clutter.
It's my opinion. if someone don't like it can ignore me. I do the same. bye Jake B.
Unsuscribed.
1. Why do you care so much that you have a (usually neat, small and unnoticeable) link in the footer. If you're using an add-on, I'm sure it's not 'useless', it's useful to your forum and that's why you're using it.

Personally, I'd implement copyright removal licenses for one reason - accessibility. Nothing else. It helps us make money. The bigger forums legitimately remove copyrights to clean up their style and make it look less... I dunno copyrighted? Therefore, the big forums are making up the money that a smaller forum would have to pay, or perhaps someone with less money. That way we can sell licenses for much cheaper. Rather than 50 GBP per license, we can sell them 25 GBP and make branding removal, say 50 GBP. We're making the money we lose making our add-on more accessible from people (e.g. big boards but not limited to big boards, anyone can want branding removed) that care about the little link in their footer compared to the people who simply want to use our add-on. I'm not sure how you call this ridiculous practice, we're only trying to make a living, and a fair one at that.

Otherwise, as @Jake B. outlined, if you dislike the copyright branding so much:
1. Purchase a branding free license
2. Don't use the product (and don't make useless posts on the threads for the product complaining about the branding)
3. Remove it without paying (and of course, enjoy getting your license revoked).

Oh and, another great quote:
If it's useless then you don't need it anyways, so you shouldn't be complaining about add-ons and themes that have branding. Also, XenForo's branding removal license is more expensive than any add-on's branding removal.

I really don't know why you're complaining. $250 is a lot when you're thinking about buying add-ons. Copyright removal is more for people who want it essentially for whatever reason (again, usually big boards have more valid reasons), smaller boards really don't have a reason to remove branding. Anyway, to get a small link removed from your footer you paid $250, when you could have bought probably the most expensive XenForo add-on I've seen (XenReviews), and still have a lot left over to buy more, a total of 25 add-ons at $10 each could have came out of that. You're counting dimes and wasting them as you go along. XenForo is a great product, but unless you literally love to support the developers (in which case I'd rather buy another license, or hell another two licenses if I paid another $10) than pay for copyright removal, because I'm not big enough to warrant it.

Why do you quote me? "Robust"? You're thinking I will read all that bunch of nonsense?
One more to the ignored list and to avoid these annoying notifications've disabled all this:
R 2015-05-10 at 22.14.02.webp
So do not waste your time defending your copyrights. That will not change my opinion at all.
Deal with it. bye.

Why do you quote me? "Robust"? You're thinking I will read all that bunch of nonsense?
One more to the list of ignored and to avoid these annoying notifications've disabled all this:
View attachment 105743
So do not waste your time defending your copyrights. That will not change my opinion at all.
Deal with it. bye.
LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Priceless.

LOL :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Priceless.

Yeah, it's even better because he has a couple of our add-ons (the ones without branding of course, and replies to the ones that do have branding with posts complaining). Guess he'll have fun not getting support since he has me ignored lol

It's the sign of an indefensible or illogical position that one will make bold statements but not stick around to reasonably discuss them.

In some ways, though, it's nice because it saves everyone a lot of time arguing with a person who has no basis for their opinion in the first place, and is thus unlikely to change it :)

Top Bottom