XF 2.1 How do I unistall a partially installed addon?

Semper Fidelis

I was using the Addon Install & Upgrade to install a plugin and it failed to install. Now I'm getting this error:

One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance.

I can't uninstall it and I can't delete it. I can't disable all Addons. It just spits out errors when I try.

OK, so the issue was folder permissions. During upgrade I used the CLI as root. This made a lot of my files and folders owned by root.

The other issue was that when I needed to figure out why I couldn't get something working earlier we found out that many of the folder permissions were off at the host. We set a bunch of folders to 755.

Which is wrong for data and internal_data. The folders in both are now all set recursively to 777.

It allowed install to complete.

NOW, here's my question, are those the write folder permissions or would 775 work too?

I was using the Addon Install & Upgrade to install a plugin and it failed to install. Now I'm getting this error:

One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance.

I can't uninstall it and I can't delete it. I can't disable all Addons. It just spits out errors when I try.
Hello,

On your database search xf_addon and delete the add-on in question ;)

Reactions: TPM
Well that is good for you, but that is still bad advice, I advise against doing that, backup or not. Proper thing is to take a backup before installing an addon, and revert to it if something goes wrong not backup and revert to a potentially corrupt DB.

Top Bottom