How do I tell what IP address a poster has used?

jswallow

Sorry if this has already been asked, but it's a tough one to search on "IP" as it's only two characters. I've gone through the threads with the word address in but don't see anything.

In IPB there's a link in every topic and replies to that topic so that you can see which IP address a person used when posting. I'm either being really blind and can't see the link, but how do I find out this information in XF? I know about the Spam checker, but I'm thinking more of scenarios further down the line where we suspect long-established members are sockpuppets (particularly people with double identities), something my members have been prone to do in the past.

Thanks ...

Sorry, really don't know how I missed it but just saw a reply on page 2, saying that we can't at the moment. It's been a very long day ... was battling the M25 at 5am this morning, not my idea of fun.

We really do need this...and in Who's Online as well. I'd go as far as to say that this would hold up my conversion, there's no way i could run my site without being able to see this information.

I agree. I don't know how it would even be possible to prevent multiple accounts and spam attacks without knowing the IP address associated with every post.

I agree. I don't know how it would even be possible to prevent multiple accounts and spam attacks without knowing the IP address associated with every post.
Agreed. There seems little point having the IP ban facility when you don't actually know anyone's IP. An odd omission, this, to be honest.

Top Bottom