1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How do I see what a template looks like?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by =MGN=RedEagle, Jul 2, 2016.

1. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Anyone know how I can see the front end of a template? Example: Profile = member_view?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Visiting the page will show what the rendered template will appear as.

3. =MGN=RedEagle

Just in case someone else has this question, a friend of mine made this bookmark you can use to find the template easy.

Code:
    javascript:(function(){alert(document.querySelector('#content').getAttribute('class'))}())
    Drag that code into your bookmarks bar and click it to see which template you are looking at.

Freelancer and Sunka like this.
  4. =MGN=RedEagle

5. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

This is pretty nice. Spares you to look into the browser inspector every time. Maybe you might want to post this as "Resource", so it gets the attention it deserves.

Sunka likes this.
  6. =MGN=RedEagle

Anyone who wants to feel free. I am not sure how.

7. Freelancer

Freelancer Well-Known Member

Not wanting to steal any credit. Therefore I guess you should do it yourself and I bet I found the right category for it – just click the link below and fill in your script code and your explanation with the screenshots into the "Description" field. Make sure you create a understandable Title for this. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory. This is not an add-on, just a "tip", so no fuss. No worries, if you do it wrong, @Brogan will rap over your knuckles.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add?resource_category_id=34

Sunka likes this.
  8. =MGN=RedEagle

Done :) Thanks!