How do I restore the database?

DaveL

Just carrying out a test import from IPB 3.1.

In the import guide it states
To completely remove any data related to an import, in order to do it again for example, the original XenForo database must be restored and all avatars and attachments must be deleted from the /data and /internal_data directories.

How do I restore the database and would this lose any template edits I make?

My advice would be to do a clean install, set up all the options, do the design/style. etc.
Then take a backup and keep it as your clean, default installation.

Then you can do test imports, reload the default, import again, etc. and it takes just a few seconds to restore your installation back to the clean, default status each time.

You can even set up your forums, permissions groups, etc., depending on your particular circumstances.
I was only using 1 user group in my old forum (apart from moderators and administrators), so I was able to do the groups and permissions

That's what I did; I set up every single thing and after the import I mass moved the posts from the imported forums to the existing (new) forums with the permissions already set, and just deleted the imported forums.

Thanks Brogan.

Just a couple of quick questions.

After the import its showing me as having 474 unread conversations. Is there an option to "Mark all as read" or anything similar?

For some reason the text on my fourm appears pretty small when compared to other xenforo forums. I havent altered any of the settings at all. Dont suppose youve seen this before and know what to adjust? >Link

You can do that with SQL queries.

Some of your post content has a font-size of x-small.
This must have been imported, check the existing posts on your original forum to see if there is any BB Code setting the font size.

Your main forum fonts look fine to me though - check the default style here.
You can easily adjust it in Style Properties though.

Im not too concerned about the post content sizes, but more the actual size of the forum text. Looking at the home page and then looking at the xenforo homepage - All the text appears smaller. Its the same in the ACP as well.

Is there a place in the ACP to run sql queries?

Edit - Looking through the bbcode on IPB, there is one for size

Size tag
[size={option}]{content}[/size]

If I were to alter this in someway prior to the import, would it solve the post text size issue?

Are you sure your browser zoom setting is the same for both sites?

It looks the same to me.

Edit: In fact it is identical, I've just checked the source code.

Thanks Jake. Ive got phpmyadmin, just wanted to check there wasnt an option somewhere allowing you to run SQL queries in the ACP like vb/ipb.

Are you sure your browser zoom setting is the same for both sites?

It looks the same to me.

Hmm, not sure whats happened there! Just checked in IE an it appears fine also. Never used the browser zoom, but just googled it and got it sorted.

Must have leaned on the wrong key and scrolled my mouse!

Top Bottom