1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How do I replace "member" or "guest" with ...

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by LPH, Dec 8, 2014.

1. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Way way .. way back ... in the ages of phpNuke and PostNuke .. it was easy to replace "member" with something else .. as well as "guest" with something.

I looked in phrases and didn't find a simple way of replacing things. What is the best way to get the following look?

guest === flightless bird
    guests === flightless birds
    member === penguin
    members === penguins

This would show up in sidebar statistics, registration, etc.

Am I missing something obvious? o_O

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Admin CP > Users > User Title Ladder

Admin CP > Users > User Groups > Unregistered / Unconfirmed > User Title Override

3. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Thanks @Maru - I changed the phrase "online_now_x_members_y_guests_z_robots_a" and did a search for 'guest' to change some. Now I'll look at your method.

4. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Sadly - @Maru - that is only for the User Titles. I'm looking at the phrases used throughout the forum. The words "member" is used in the sidebar, etc. But it was worth a shot.

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Almost everything is phrased so it's just a case of editing the phrases to suit.

LPH likes this.
  6. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Yep. There are numerous "members" phrases so I was hoping for a fast method. I'm just plodding through them ... one by one ...

Thank you.

7. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2014-12-07 at 4.55.19 PM.png
    Now we are talking !