XF 1.4 How do I PM all mods?

Edpal

I've searched. I feel like I'm going nuts.
I'm the site admin: is there a way to easily PM all my MODS to start a conversation? And for them to do the same?

If you're after a way for all of your moderators to be able to communicate, you'd probably be best having a forum that is only visible by your moderators.

Otherwise, you would have to type their names manually separated by a comma (or copy and paste it from a text file you've saved somewhere) when creating a Conversation.

Chris, that seems so odd. Even the extremely crude phpbb had a moderator group button.
I don't like the private forum idea because i rotate my moderators once a year by member vote. So I don't necessarily want a current mod to be able to go back to old conversations. And @moderators doesn't seem to work using any form of their group name.

Some forum platforms do, some don't.

I can't specifically remember whether it has been suggested before, though I would guess it has. But either way, suggestions are often implemented based on how popular they are perceived to be among the customer base so it may not currently be perceived to be a popular request.

There's possibly an add-on available. I have personally used Conversation Essentials by @Daniel Hood and I think that may have that feature.

Thanks @Chris D,

Conversation Essentials doesn't let you message user groups it does however allow each user to make their own "Participant Group". You have a section in the your account (accessible through the conversations page too), which allows you to create and manage groups of people you commonly message.

upload_2015-4-10_11-38-22.webp

Then when creating a message, you can select to message these people instead:

upload_2015-4-10_11-39-15.webp

Feel free to message me with more questions regarding this add-on. There are numerous other features in it.

Darn it Chris - friends don't let friend code ugly stuff like this. The top of my "conversation_add" template now.

<xen:title>{xen:phrase start_new_conversation}</xen:title>
<h3>Block & drag/copy list below to "participants" field to contact all moderators:</h3>
<p><span style="text-decoration: underline;">name, name, name, </span> . . . . . This actually works pretty good. I only have 5 moderators.

Top Bottom