XF 1.1 How do I MERGE subforums

HydraulicJack

I'm running XF 1.1.3 and need to MERGE a number of subforums.

I'd appreciate (a link to) instructions on how to do so, so that old links will redirect to the new merged content.

How do I do that, please?

Thanks!
Jack

There is no "merge" function.

You would need to move all of the threads from one forum to the other, then delete the empty forum.

Batch Update Threads would do that, but it's not available in 1.1.

Thanks Brogan, I'd really like to upgrade the software to the latest version but its requirements are not supported by my current ISP.
I haven't done extensive searching but for the ones I have, the cost increase would be quite prohibitive for my lower-traffic low-end-sized installation.

Could you or someone who knows recommend an ISP that would meet the reqs but has a low-cost tier for a small installation?
Thanks...
HJ

hardware and software (esp DB) requirement differences between 1.1 and current version.
If you'd please pass me the link to the current hwre and software (db, etc.) reqs of the current version
I'd appreciate it. I'll forward it to my current ISP. Maybe their services have improved.
Thanks!

Thanks!
Last time I ran the compatibility check (about 10 months ago), my ISP flunked.

Is the link to the compatibility script on the purchase page or might you have a link or search string
for my locating it?

LOL sounds promising. Thanks!

Will load and test "tomorrow" as it's 0218 here and I'm end of shift and then some.
THANKS for standing watch and quick replies, as always Brogan.
HJ

Top Bottom