1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I make the gradients work better in a dark theme?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by fury, Dec 20, 2010.

1. fury

fury Member

So I think I have the colors mostly alright for now and I'm trying to get that last bit of mostly squeezed out of it. The main thing that's stopping me is the gradients that add a nice touch on light themes (i.e. closer to black on white), but become more pronounced and distracting in a darker theme. Is there a package of gradients designed for dark backgrounds, or should I just get rid of the gradients?

2. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

The only way is to make your own custom gradients in photoshop or any other image editing software with opacity support.
    The default one looks great on a bright theme but are not made for a dark style.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are no other gradients other than those in the default style directory.

You can always make your own gradients.

4. fury

fury Member

Time to dust off my copy of ... hmm, I can't even remember what it was I always used to use to edit images. Hehe. Thanks :)

5. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

ive removed all the gradients, glows and most of the shadows for my dark theme. i reckon it looks far better 'flat'.