XF 1.2 How do I make template changes that will affect all styles?

Lone Wolf

I have 3 styles installed and I'm thinking of increasing this to 5 styles when I upgrade to 1.2

However there are a few template edits which I make in every style, these edits are to the same same template and are the same edits in each style. For example a sticky seperator, extra menu options, etc.

Is there a way I can make these edits in one place where it will affect all the styles. This would make things a lot easier and less time intensive.

Can it also be done for style properties too?

The only way it can be done is by making the other two styles children of the parent style.

Then any changes will be inherited, unless the child styles themselves have modified those templates or SPs.

The only way it can be done is by making the other two styles children of the parent style.

Then any changes will be inherited, unless the child styles themselves have modified those templates or SPs.

Yes but wont that mean the child styles inherit the parent style. Sounds like a mess since Flexile already uses itself as a parent style so i would be having 3 layers of styles.

Then better use Template Modification, enable debug mode first. That's what i did since XenForo intruduce it.

That sounds interesting, how do I do that?

Ok I've run into an issue. I wanted to remove the staff online box across all styles by adding the following to extra.css

Code:
.sidebar .staffOnline {
  display: none;
}

But it doesn't work unless it's finding and replacing text. You cant use it to add some code to a specific template in all styles.

Top Bottom