XF 2.0 How Do I Make My Forums Public and Content indexable by Google?

rbirkey

I recently migrated my forum from vBulletin 5 to Xenforo 2. Currently, very little content is being indexed by Google because the forum is set up to require a user to log in before viewing. I want to make the forum so that both registered and unregistered users can view all content, but unregistered users may not post any new content without a user account.

I have read and re-read the "permissions" documentation and I still don't understand it. I assumed I would need to make the permissions for the "Unregistered / Unconfirmed" Guest group to be able to view all forums content. But when checking my admin controls, they appear to already have those permissions... yet if I log out of Xenforo, I cannot access any of the forums.

What am I missing or not understanding?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.18.05 PM (2).webp
    Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.18.05 PM (2).webp
    40.5 KB · Views: 19
Why don't I see any content when logged out? Also, I don't see a setting called "revoke" on any of my group permission screens.

Attachments

• latest-activity.webp
    latest-activity.webp
    97 KB · Views: 14
  • forum.webp
    forum.webp
    87.2 KB · Views: 14
OK, here are three screens to try to figure out what I would need to change at the node level.

Attachments

• edit-node.webp
    edit-node.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 10
  • node-permission.webp
    node-permission.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 10
  • node-permissions-list.webp
    node-permissions-list.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 10
Nodes in red (and particularly the user groups within them in red) have node-level permissions set. Since unregistered/unconfirmed is in red in one of those screenshots, I would assume it is set so they can't view the node(s) in question.

Top Bottom