XF 2.2 How do I make an image inserted as Thumbnail automatically?

That only happens if you drag and drop. Otherwise, if you upload as an attachment, it will be a thumbnail if you don't choose to make it a full image.

That only happens if you drag and drop. Otherwise, if you upload as an attachment, it will be a thumbnail if you don't choose to make it a full image.

Yes that's why I included an image as an illustration. It's that part that creates the problem I mentioned.

Yea, it's a bit funky. If you do it that way and click insert and then thumbnail it will just give you another full size image. I use Ozzy's addon here that improves on it:

It won't insert a thumbnail instead of a full-size image, but will insert a thumbnail in addition to the full size and then you can just backspace to remove the full-size.

I tried that add-on but it's not doing what I intended. I can't educate every members not to insert full image in their posts.

I've already removed the attach files button, so the only way to add an image is by the drag box. I want a thumbnail only insert.

Aah, didn't realize that your intent was to completely stop their use. Well, the only addon I know of offhand is this one:

Aah, didn't realize that your intent was to completely stop their use. Well, the only addon I know of offhand is this one:

I have this add-on. It doesn't work on Image Drag Box

1606453143635.webp

Last edited:
You could remove the button from the editor and reenable the attach files option if it does work with that. Other than that, not sure what your options are. Hopefully someone else can give you a solution you're happy with, but it doesn't look good, from what I've seen so far from searching on the matter.

You could remove the button from the editor and reenable the attach files option if it does work with that. Other than that, not sure what your options are. Hopefully someone else can give you a solution you're happy with, but it doesn't look good, from what I've seen so far from searching on the matter.

There's a reason for me to have attach button removed - I don't want users to be able to attach files.

Currently it's inserted as full image.

View attachment 240630
As far as I know, through the editor's bar, the image will be inserted entirely, then it will be the user, to resize it manually. So I don't think that's possible.

Otherwise it can use attachments, and the thumbnail will be created automatically.
I don't think you'll find a solution for this.
I hope you can get an official response from the xenforo developers about it.

I would like to know if this question has been answered. I don't want to restrict my users from posting large images, but I don't to make my pages uncomfortably long either.

Top Bottom